The California and Nevada Chapter of MS Society recently engaged Inspire for their yearly fundraising dinner.
Our marching orders were clear: it was 8 weeks before the event, and MS needed to raise more money than in the previous year — where they raised ~$240,000.
The honorees; Lew, Lisa and Christina Horne. The venue: California Science Center.
It was a home run… An emotionally-charged event that raised $1,375,000 — creating exceptional brand equity for MS Society and all individuals involved — and setting up the event to success in future years.
Jimmy Dunne also wrote a song for MS Society, “If I Dare to Dream,” that has gone viral across the country.
And many of the 850 guests (tripling expectations!) said it was the most moving and inspiring charity events they ever attended.
Jimmy Dunne’s plan:
+ Clarify the intentions.
+ Create a compelling narrative.
+ Create ‘touchpoints’ to emotionally engage donors.
We created 30+ touchpoints; emotional experiences that potential donors and guests would feel before, during and after the event.
Every one of the touchpoints rigorously aligned to the intentions and narrative of the event.
Jimmy Dunne wrote all speeches, created/directed/produced many videos, produced/directed the event, wrote, arranged and recorded an original song, and produced 25+ touchpoints to emotionally engage donors.
Here are a few of the emotional touchpoints: from important ones to the ‘devil in the details’ touchpoints:
- FUNDRAISING VIDEO
- PARTNERING WITH SPEAKERS ON ALL ASPECTS OF SPEECHES
- WRITING “IF I DARE TO DREAM” ORIGINAL SONG FOR MS EVENT
- CREATING SIGNAGE THAT SPOKE TO THE HEART/ATTITUDE OF THE EVENT
- VIDEO WITH ALL PHOTOS OF THE EVENT
- COFFEE & TEA STATIONS AT VALET
- CREATING “HALL OF CHAMPIONS” POSTERS ON ALL DONORS
- TRIBUTE VIDEO SHOWN AT EVENT
- “PARTY FAVORS” AT THE TABLE
- STROLLING “MINSTRELS” AT THE EVENT
- WRITING STORY IN “HUFFINGTON POST”
- 2-PAGE AD IN “LA BUSINESS JOURNAL
- PUSHING STORIES THROUGH NEW MEDIA
- SECURING 25-MINUTE SEGMENT ON “TIM CONWAY SHOW” FOR LEW AND CHRISTINA HORNE
- VISUALS ON 16 TV MONITORS THROUGHOUT COCKTAIL EVENT AND DINNER
- STORY TELLING ON COCKTAIL NAPKINS
- STORY BOARDS FOR ALL AUCTION ITEMS
- CREATING A POST-EVENT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO FOR ALL NEW MEDIA